lovemelovely:this. Is good advice for anyone trying to be less of a polite human being and more of an insufferable gross oaf
Citi Bank passed a copy of this handout to everyone in their HR department. This is few key “tips” for women to keep in mind to be taken seriously and succeed at work. The writers at Jezebel came up with their own supplemental “tips” to success for women:
1. Women tend to have two X chromosomes — you are not heard.
2. Women menstruate in public — emphasizes your femininity and deemphasizes your capability.
3. Women sit vaginally — the power position when seated at a table is to have a penis.
4. Wear panties in meetings — boxer-wearers are seen as more assertive and knowledgeable than those in lacy underthings.
5. Women have wombs — children come out of wombs. Men don’t reproduce, they conquer.
6. Ovulate — women ovulate at the smallest provocation which erodes your self-confidence. Men tend to move into sperm producing mode.
7. Women tend to smile inappropriately — an “inappropriate” smile is a smile that is on a woman’s face.
8. Observe “Rules” — rules are made to be broken by men. When women break them, it is a violation of workplace culture. When women follow them, it is self-sabotage. To be safe, avoid being a woman whenever possible.
9. Being invisible — 90% of adult humans are unable to visually perceive women. Solution: wear a bear suit.
10. Offer a female handshake — the best way to combat this is to have a man’s hand transplanted onto your wrist. Or purchase a giant foam hand at a sports stadium. These are very masculine and you are sure to be taken extremely seriously while wearing one.
Read more: http://jezebel.com/5634959/citibank-hr-tells-ladies-how-to-succeed-at-work#ixzz0zciTCsfh
i find myself gravitating to ~feminists on tumblr beacause they care about anything other than secondary wealth characteristicsbut overall good advice in a not so pc wrapper. jeez
women need to ACT LIKE MEN to succeed in business
this wrongheaded idea is the reason for shoulderpads in sweater and so much awful hair
it also reveals that the natural state of a corporation is a cruel warlike thing that suits sad men raised in martial culture
end capitalism immediately
I just vomited on my keyboard. WTF is this bull shit.
Deep Green Resistance Massachusetts: gavinsaurusrex: This is perhaps the saddest aspect of human psychology regarding this issue .. there are so many people... -
I agree - there are too many withdrawlists.
Q: I’m a fan of Daniel Quinn. He says we should just walk away. I know there is something wrong here. What do you think?
Derrick Jensen: There are two problems with this. With civilization having metastasized across the globe and bombing the moon,…
(Source: deepgreenresistance.org, via socialuprooting)
House Democrats Ask For Support of Occupy Wall Street -
Chris Scully, my DGR MA friend’s brother, said it best:
Dear Democrats in Congress,
You wish this was about left vs. right. You wish you could point across the aisle and say “See, the people are with us, not you!” But before you point and lie, please kindly turn that finger on yourselves, and then stick it up your asses. You are half of a bought congress. You are the other side of a counterfeit coin. You are half of the problem. You have pretended to speak for the voices of people who have a shred of goodwill for the world for too long. You have lost your privilege to be that voice. You are completely incapable of bringing about the drastic and profound changes we need in this country. You have failed. And don’t you dare try to associate your actions and trajectory with the intentions of a revolutionary society that is rejecting you. Your endorsement of a movement trying to oust you is pathetic at best. Please resign and play sudoku and solitaire on your own time. In short - fuck off.
Prosecuting Financial Titans
Yes, I’m tweeting from jail. Occupy!! #occupyboston. -a.
Yes! I know her. :) She’s awesome.
(Source: evanfleischer, via socialuprooting)
Who's pockets? People's pockets! -
Watch Mitt Romney defend corporations and the supreme court decision giving Corporations rights as people under the constitution via Citizens United vs Federal Election Commission.